Catholic Answers LIVE
Catholic Answers Live, hosted by Cy Kellett, is a daily, two-hour radio program dedicated to Catholic apologetics and evangelization. According to listener surveys, it is a runaway favorite on Catholic stations across America.
As a call-in program, Catholic Answers Live connects listeners to prominent leaders in the Church today—including scholars, nuns, priests, bishops, and cardinals—and touches on every aspect of our lives as Christians. You'll hear discussions on just about everything relating to the Church: doctrinal controversies, family concerns, social issues, evangelization, ethics…you name it!
Catholic Answers Live airs every Monday through Friday from 6-8 PM Eastern (3-4 PM Pacific) on over 360 AM and FM stations in the United States, Sirius Satellite Radio channel 130, and through the Internet at catholic.com. If you can't listen live, you can subscribe to our podcast or download individual shows from our MP3 archive.
Call in with your question at 1-888-31-TRUTH!
Most Recent Episodes
Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
02:25 – What is the difference between Pentecost in the Old Testament and the New Testament?
14:27 – How can a Catholic educate themselves so they can defend the Church from people who say it is the whore of Babylon?
19:56 – Are 7th Day Adventists Christians?
29:26 – Is 1 Corinthians 15:23 evidence that Mary was not assumed into heaven?
37:00 – Does the devil think he’s doing the right thing?
49:21 – Is it true that you must promote the Black Lives Matter movement to be pro-life? It seems like they are pro-abortion.
03:33 – There is a young man telling me that Jesus overturning the tables at the temple gives Catholics authority to publicly acknowledge and punish people for their sins. How can I respond to this?
17:21 – How do I respond to people who say there is no purgatory so we shouldn’t be praying for the dead? Is it right for me to tell them that the souls are more alive in heaven?
22:50 – What is the Church’s teaching on using the Lord’s name in vain and how can I defend that teaching to others?
43:35 – Do you have a secular defense of why Catholic adoption agencies won’t place children with same-sex couples?
50:00 – How do I introduce God to people without seeming too pushy?
16:47 – How can I defend the Catholic Church as the one, true Church?
20:45 – I explained Aquinas’ first way to my biology professor who is an atheist and said there must be an unmoved mover who began this universe and world. She didn’t accept. How can I talk to her about this?
35:54 – How can I answer a Protestant friend who believes that Jesus came to give us our best life now, and that if we don’t have good things, we are not believing hard enough? She loosely believes in a prosperity gospel.
47:20 – How can I respond to Protestant objections to justification?
• 03:26 – Is it possible that we are made in the image and likeness of God due to the Grandfather Paradox of Jesus assuming human flesh to begin with?
• 08:48 – My friends came up with a fun weird question for the next show: If I am transporting the Eucharist in my car, can I use the carpool lane?
• 13:43 – Do frozen embryos make their guardian angels wait with them?
• 15:08 – Will the bodies of people in hell (or heaven for that matter) need to eat and drink? Will our bodies just, subsist without sustenance?
• 19:38 – How was the holy house of Loretto transported from Nazareth to Italy.
• 22:00 – What happens to a person who can’t remember their sins through memory loss from, say, an accident, aging, or a disease like Alzheimer’s? Do they cease being culpable for their sins if they can’t remember them to repent and ask for forgiveness and reconcile with God?
• 29:22 – What could the physics of the “new heavens and new earth” (new creation) be like, such that this would no longer disintegrate due to entropy, etc.?
• 35:32 – If the Star Trek style transporter kills the person and creates a clone with that person’s memories, would a person who gets transported in such a manner have to be baptized or confirmed again? Would a priest who gets transported have to be ordained again? What about confession? What if you commit a mortal sin, then get transported, would the clone with your memories have to go to confession?
• 42:18 – If hell is complete and final separation from God, and God is necessary for existence, how do people and angels exist in hell? Another one – is the devil in hell yet, and if not, are the people in hell waiting for him to get there or are they all waiting until the end and judgement to enter hell?
• 47:41 – What are the spiritual and perhaps biological implications of combining human and pig or cow DNA? Besides having no justifiable health consideration and being seriously wrong for tampering with trying to create previously non-existing life forms, is it possible that a cow or pig could come to the realization that it will wind up as steak or bacon? If it is well known that trauma from violent wars can be passed down and sudden unknown memories which seem like deja vu do happen, is there enough information here to make human/animal chimeras unequivocally illegal? Who do we call?
• 19:10 – I work at a large corporation that has a big Pride celebration each year. Every year it seems it gets more forced upon the employees. How do I handle this? If I decline to wear a sticker I get dirty looks.
• 23:57 – Thank you for your work at Courage. How can I get parishes in my area to cooperate with Courage?
• 31:35 – My parish seems to support homosexuality. What if a gay person wants to join the Church? They would join with a false idea of what the Church teaches.
• 41:26 – I recently came back to the Church after an active homosexual lifestyle. Why do the bishops condone Fr. Martin’s actions and not support Courage more?
• 49:23 – I have a gay friend who asked me to help him make some T-shirts for Pride Month. How do I stick to my values and maintain our friendship?