Catholic Answers LIVE
Catholic Answers Live, hosted by Cy Kellett, is a daily, two-hour radio program dedicated to Catholic apologetics and evangelization. According to listener surveys, it is a runaway favorite on Catholic stations across America.
As a call-in program, Catholic Answers Live connects listeners to prominent leaders in the Church today—including scholars, nuns, priests, bishops, and cardinals—and touches on every aspect of our lives as Christians. You'll hear discussions on just about everything relating to the Church: doctrinal controversies, family concerns, social issues, evangelization, ethics…you name it!
Catholic Answers Live airs every Monday through Friday from 6-8 PM Eastern (3-4 PM Pacific) on over 360 AM and FM stations in the United States, Sirius Satellite Radio channel 130, and through the Internet at catholic.com. If you can't listen live, you can subscribe to our podcast or download individual shows from our MP3 archive.
Call in with your question at 1-888-31-TRUTH!
Most Recent Episodes
• 15:00 – I heard that there is a story or diary of Mary’s life before Jesus was born. Is this true? Also, Cy — what is your favorite Joan of Arc movie?
• 19:29 – Is sinning on Sunday different or worse than sinning on any other day? And in Confession does one need to confess the results of a particular sin? For example, if I overeat and experience pain as a result of that, do I need to confess that pain?
• 23:40 – Does God sometimes use numbers to communicate to people through signs?
• 28:40 – Is Catholicism compatible with Socialism?
• 2. Elijah… Des Moines Iowa… YouTube… 40:55 – I hear some people say they don’t believe in Vatican II. How can they say that and be Catholic? What about Vatican II do they reject?
• 48:25 – The Bible (I think Corinthians) says that Jesus went back to Heaven because he came from Heaven. But if we humans began here, and not in Heaven, how can we go to Heaven?
• 50:54 – Which is the way of the Catholic Faith when one stands at the gates of Heaven?: “I didn’t commit a mortal sin,” or “I have nothing to give you but I entrust myself to your mercy.”
20 Answers: Catholic Social Teaching
Can a Catholic Be a Socialist?
• 06:45 – What resources would you recommend for someone trying to learn Latin?
• 12:55 – I’ve been offered a position as a board member to a Catholic school. The oath of fidelity mentions things like “Christian obedience” to what a bishop will “declare and establish.” Can you help me understand the oath of fidelity?
• 12:55 – I’ve been offered a position as a board member to a Catholic organization. The oath of fidelity mentions things like “Christian obedience” to what an ordinary will “declare and establish.” Can you help me understand the oath of fidelity?
• 18:30 – If God is all-merciful why did Jesus say about Judas, “better that he had never been born”?
• 28:37 – I have a hard time believing in God, but the fear of Hell keeps me scared straight. What would you or the Church say about someone like me?
• 33:11 – Is it true that the primary mission of the Church is to save souls?
• 35:10 – Why is the Catholic Church so against left-wing politics but not right-wing?
• 44:12 – Was it okay for me to put my parents on hospice? They passed a couple years ago and we had them on hospice at the end. Now I’m wondering if that was the wrong decision.
• 49:43 – In Acts 5:29, Peter and the apostles are persecuted for preaching the faith and they say, “we are not subject to men but to God.” How does that mesh with Church authority?
• 11:26 – How does one deal with paranoid schizophrenia in which one experiences moments of great hope and moments of despair?
• 15:44 – I’m flying tomorrow and am anxious about the virus and about the rioting.
• 22:20 – What is the line between psychological problems and demonic influence?
• 32:00 – My reaction to the news is anger. How do I deal with it?
• 37:30 – Most of my family is Catholic but not devout. I get anxious when I speak to them about the importance of faith.
• 44:15 – If one thinks they sense the presence of the evil one, could it just be stress?
• 47:40 – How do I deal with anxiety I get from Catholic politicians who go against the Catholic Church?
• 08:03 – When do we know to not argue any further and just let it go.
• 15:51 – What do you say to someone who says that religion can be explained by psychology?
• 21:55 – I’m in high school and expect many people I know to fall out of practicing the faith. How can I encourage them to keep practicing when this starts happening.
• 36:32 – Where does the soul live in the body?
• 40:12 – Is there a connection between racisim and the abortion business?
• 43:25 – How do we refute the argument that the Church has no authority because it is a human institution in which power can be abused?
• 50:32 – As a combat veteran, how can I charitably engage those who ignorantly discuss combat operations from the ease of their armchairs?
Callers choose the topics during Open Forum, peppering our guests with questions on every aspect of Catholic life and faith, the moral life, and even philosophical topics that touch on general religious belief.
06:07 – If one is Catholic, must one vote for Trump?
17:51 – During this time, are we still held to our first Saturday devotions which includes receiving the Eucharist? It is not available here.
21:30 – Is it true that praying to Mary was not present in the first four centuries of the Church?
35:45 – My husband and I lost our two-and-a-half-year-old daughter in December. My sister went to see a medium and told me she communicated with my daughter. How should I respond to her?
47:33 – Why did priests come with Christopher Columbus and others who came to conquer the new world? Did the priests bless the journey and mission?
51:02 – My friend is terminally ill, and she is Jewish. She is experiencing great pain. Are there verses in the Old Testament that I could give her as encouragement and for comfort?
Book Tim to speak at your parish or next event.
Want more from Tim Staples?
Behold Your Mother: A Biblical and Historical Defense of the Marian Doctrines
Jimmy Swaggart Made Me Catholic
Catholic Answers to Common Objections
The Sword of the Spirit: Defending Six Central Catholic Teachings
Living Bread (CD)
Last Call: The Catholic Teaching on Death, Judgement, Heaven, Hell